- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- ¼ cup apple butter unsweetened (can also use unsalted vegan butter, chilled)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk ricotta cheese alternative from Kite Hill
- 1 flax egg could also use 1 flax egg or for non vegan option use 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 4 tablespoons granulated monk fruit Sweetener for dipping cookies before baking
In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, almond flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, cassava flour, and xanthan gum. Grate the cold vegan butter over flour bowl plus add the almond ricotta cheese alternative. With your hands, mix roughly together until crumbly.
Add the water and chia egg to flour mixture. With a spatula, mix together until completely combined.
On a well floured surface, knead dough briefly and shape into a hockey puck shaped disk. Cover in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
While dough is in the fridge, preheat oven to 375’F and in a small bowl put granulated monk fruit sweetener.
Roll out dough until ¼” thick and using a 3” round cookie cutter or upside down glass, cut cookies, removing excess dough. Place each cookie one by one into the granulated monk fruit sweetener pressing down lightly and place cookies sugar side down back on a lightly floured surface.
Fold each cookie in half so now the sugar coated end is facing up. Then fold the cookie in half one more time and place 4 X 5 on prepared sheet tray. Bake at 375’F for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before enjoying.
Let cool completely before enjoying. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
*Note*-Once cookies are completely cooled you can dust these cookies lightly with powdered monk fruit sweetener.