Easy Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt optional
- 2 banana
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter can use coconut butter or even any nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar can substitute with stevia
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans can substitute with any nut or omit all together
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons rum optional(can use light or dark also whiskey)
For the Ice Cream:
Whisk together coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt until fully combined. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1hr. You may also use an ice cream machine if you have one.
For the Skillet:
Cut bananas lengthwise and then in half set aside.
Melt coconut butter in skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut sugar and maple sugar. Cook for 2 minutes without stirring.
Whisk in coconut milk. Be careful some splatter may occur.
Stir in vanilla extract, pecans and cinnamon.
Place bananas sliced sides up in the skillet and cook for 1 minute then flip bananas and cook for an additional minute.
If adding the rum, remove skillet from the heat. Add rum while shaking the skillet in a forward and back motion.
Return skillet to the heat and continuing to shake the skillet for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until alcohol has ceased igniting.
Remove from the heat let cool slightly before adding the ice cream and enjoy!
*Note*- The ignition of the alcohol is a necessary step in order to burn off alcohol and add that much desired flavor we all love. So please TAKE CAUTION when adding the alcohol, while the ignition of the alcohol isn’t strong it still requires basic safety precautions. Make sure to add the rum while skillet if off the heat and stand back while your hand grips the edge of the skillets handle during shaking.