Salted Caramel Filling:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk coconut milk solids scooped off the top dispose of liquid
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 eggs can sub for 4 flax eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate
For the Salted Caramel:
Mix together coconut milk and maple syrup in a small saucepan on medium heat.
In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and 1 tablespoon water so that there are no lumps.
Pour into saucepan while mixing. You will see the coconut mixture thicken up.
Let cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, mixing every so often.
Once it has thickened and deepened in color, turn off stove, transfer to shallow bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Best if stored in fridge overnight.
For the Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Whisk together all dry ingredients. Then whisk in eggs and oil, then switch to rubber spatula to finish mixing.
Scoop cookie dough into 1” mounds, press thumb into center, and fill with small mound of cold caramel.
Re-roll into a ball, press chocolate chunks onto top and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!