- 15 Medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup + 1 teaspoon maple syrup you may also use ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon unsulphured Blackstrap molasses optional
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- ¼ cup granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
For the Caramel:
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend together until uniform. Set aside to be used later. Or you can transfer to a sealable container and store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to one week.
*Note*- If your dates still have their pits, make sure to remove them before adding to the food processor.
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
Combine all ingredients. Set aside
For the Cookie Dough:
Preheat the oven to 350’F.
Whisk together your almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, granulated monk fruit sweetener and cinnamon.
Add the melted coconut oil and egg to the flour mixture. Mix until completely combined.
Form the dough into approximately 1” sized balls and place on a parchment paper lined sheet tray.
Press one finger down into the center of each dough ball, making sure to not press through the dough. Scoop out small portions of caramel with a spoon and place into the center of each cookie. Enclose the dough around the caramel. Then gently toss each cookie in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350’F for 12 minutes. Enjoy!
Note *When scooping caramel to keep it from sticking to the spoon you may lightly coat the spoon in an oil such as coconut oil or avocado.