Feeling like your Friday needs a little frosting? These double chocolate cupcakes are made using Otto's Cassava flour and our primal chocolate.
- 180 grams cassava flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 cup water
- Mix together first 5 ingredients.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix until well combined and a batter forms.
- Scoop into cupcake tins and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until cake is completely baked through.
- Let cool completely.
Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 6oz butter
- 6oz cocoa powder
- 4oz maple syrup
- 5oz boiling water
- 9oz powdered sugar
- In stand mixer, beat together the butter and cocoa powder.
- Scrape down sides and add in syrup. While beating slowly pour in boiling water.
- Once completely combined, slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Pipe or frost onto cooled cupcakes. Add sprinkles or decoration of choice!