Paleo chocolate cake made with Ottos Cassava Flour rolled up with a peanut butter cream filling! Dessert that's good for you? 100x yes.
- 180 grams cassava flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 cup water
- Mix together first 5 ingredients.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix until well combined and a batter forms.
- Pour onto a baking sheet, or "jelly roll" pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until cake is completely baked through. Let cool completely.
In a stand mixer:
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup melted peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- Beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy.
To form rolls:
- Spread peanut butter icing in a thin layer onto sheet of chocolate cake.
- Using the parchment paper as your guide, roll up the cake into one long "roll". Place in fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- 1 cup chopped Signature Dark Primal Chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk (regular or dairy free)
- Place chocolate in heat safe bowl, on stovetop let milk come to a light simmer.
- Pour hot milk over chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Whisk together until a smooth chocolate forms.
- Transfer chocolate cake log onto wire rack and set over another pan.
- Pour warm Ganache over entire log and let set before slicing.