- ½ cup creamy nut butter we like cashew butter, but any would work here!
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dark chocolate
- A few scoops of your favorite paleo/vegan ice cream-we love Frankie and Jo’s Date Shake ice cream.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cashew butter and maple syrup. You will see this thicken up a bit.
Add salt, vanilla extract and flour. Mix again thoroughly, then add chopped chocolate.
Roll dough in between two pieces of parchment paper, into a rectangle, until it is about ¼” thick.
Place in freezer for five minutes, then peel parchment off the top and cut rectangle in half.
Spread softened ice cream over one half of the rectangle, and place the other half of cookie dough on top, pressing down lightly.
Place entire thing in freezer for at least one hour for the ice cream to firm up.
Cut into small bars, and enjoy!