- ¾ cup cassava flour plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum optional but recommended--this makes them extra doughy. Without it, it could be a bit difficult to roll out
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs to make vegan, sub with 8 flax eggs->½ cup ground flax seed, soaked in 1 cup water.
- ¼ cup raisins you can sub for chopped chocolate if you don’t like raisins!
Preheat oven to 350℉.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, sugar, and baking powder.
Add eggs and oil and whisk for 1 minute, you will see this start to thicken to a dough like texture(if using xanthan gum).
Scoop dough ball onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Dust your hands and the ball of dough with flour, and lightly pat it into a round, flat circle and sprinkle some more flour over the top.
Score an ‘X’ into the entire top, and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Let cool for at least an hour before enjoying!
*For best results, let sit at room temperature uncovered overnight to dry out!