- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup granulated monk fruit optional(You can also substitute with stevia or coconut sugar)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pureed fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup coconut shortening melted (Substitute with coconut fat from full fat unsweetened canned coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon granulated monk fruit optional(Could also use stevia)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut shortening can also use coconut fat from full fat unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated monk fruit could also use stevia
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice add more as needed
For the Dough:
Preheat oven to 350’F. Generously grease a donut pan with coconut oil and get a piping bag ready (you may also use a tablespoon).
Whisk together the coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and granulated monk fruit sweetener.
In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla. Then, add to the flour mixture and blend just until fully incorporated.
Using a piping bag or a tablespoon, fill each donut space on the pan ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove donuts from the pan directly after taking them out of the oven.
For the Strawberry Donut Glaze:
Melt coconut shortening, then add the pureed strawberries, granulated monk fruit and vanilla extract. Stir until fully combined and dip donuts into glaze!
For the Lemon Donut Glaze:
Melt coconut shortening, then add the lemon juice, granulated monk fruit and vanilla. Stir until fully combined and dip donuts into glaze!
*Note*- For the glaze if using the coconut fat from a can of unsweetened full fat coconut milk, make sure you leave the cans out to stay at room temperature (preferably overnight). Then spoon out the separated fat that should be at the top of the can