- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener can sub coconut sugar for non-keto version
- ¼ cup butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
Cranberry Preserve Filling:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup water
- 4 tbsp monk fruit sweetener can sub coconut sugar for non-keto version
- Coconut flour for dusting
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener we ordered Powdered Lakanto Sweetener from Amazon. If you can’t find this, just omit or for a non paleo/non keto option--use regular powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and monk fruit.
With a rubber spatula, mix in oil and egg.
Form a ball of dough, wrap in plastic wrap and set in fridge for at least one hour.
Dust a piece of parchment paper heavily with coconut flour and place the dough in the center, dust more coconut flour on top of the dough and place another piece of parchment over that.
Using the parchment as a barrier between the rolling pin and the dough, start rolling out dough to a sheet until it is about ¼” thick. You may need to continue adding coconut flour while rolling so the dough doesn’t get too sticky and stick to the paper.
Punch out circles with either a cookie cutter or a thin rim of a drinking glass. Transfer each circle to parchment lined baking sheet.
With a smaller circle(at least half the size of the large circles you already made) punch circles in centers of HALF the larger circles.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will be lightly golden around the edges when they are finished.
While cooling, make the filling.
For the Cranberry Preserve:
In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and place over a medium heat.
Cover for three minutes, take lid off and crush berries with back of fork.
Let cook for another two minutes with lid off, this will thicken.
Turn heat off and let filling cool completely.
Dust the circles with the center cut out with powdered monk fruit.
Spread a tbsp of the cranberry filling on the full circle and close with the powdered cookie.
Serve right away or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Level: Medium Yields: 8-10 cookies