Cannoli Shell Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup sugar cane sugar will make them extra crispy but maple/coconut sugar will work too!
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg or flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flax seed soaked in 3 tbsp water for 5 minutes
- ⅓ cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil sub any fat
Pumpkin Cannoli Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup cashews soaked in hot water for at least 30 mins(or overnight for better results
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter melted
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Spread
For the cream:
In food processor, puree soaked and drained cashews just until it is a chunky, grainy texture--similar to a ricotta cheese consistency.
Pulse in syrup, spices and coconut butter just until combined, do not over mix.
Set in fridge while making the shells.
For the Shells:
To start the shells-you will need a waffle cone iron.
While it is preheating, start by whisking all the dry ingredients together, then incorporate the wet ingredients; whisk together until there are no lumps
Spoon 1 tablespoon worth of the batter onto the waffle iron and keep closed for 2-3 minutes(all waffle makers can vary, so you might need to play around with the time)
When it is deep golden brown, peel it off the iron with tongs(be careful it will be very hot) and wrap it around something cylinder shaped(handle of a wooden spoon, thin rolling pin, etc) to make the traditional “cannoli” shape. *As it cools, it will harden and get crispy!
Keep it wrapped on the object until it is cooled and hardened so it can hold its shape when taken off.
Fill each cannoli shell with the prepared cannoli cream
Drizzle each cannoli with chocolate spread and enjoy!
Enjoy right away or store in fridge in airtight container until ready to eat.
*We scooped our cannoli cream into a small ziplock bag a snipped a small corner off to make a piping bag to make filling the cannolis easier Difficulty Level:Hard