- 1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Cookies
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1. In food processor, grind up whole box of cookies until fine crumbs. Pour in coconut oil and process again until the crumbs look "damp" and can form together if squeezed together in your palm.
2. Pour crumbs into pie pan and press down to form a crust with hands. Put into fridge to set.
For caramel pecan filling
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons non dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and oil and cook on medium heat. Mix constantly until it looks like the sugar has melted and is molten. (This will be very hot). Do not over cook because this will burn quickly. Remove from heat, let cool for 2 minutes and pour in milk mixing quickly with a wire whisk the entire time. This should now look like a caramel sauce. Add salt. Set aside.
2. On a baking sheet, spread out the pecans and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes until you can smell a toasted nutty scent.
3. Transfer toasted pecans into caramel sauce and mix until it is uniform and sticky.
4. Pour into prepared cookie crust and spread even. Let set in fridge.
For Chocolate Ganache top
- 1 cup chopped 72% Eating Evolved chocolate
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
1. Place chopped chocolate in heat proof bowl. Pour milk into saucepan and set on medium high heat just until a very light simmer.
2. Pour hot milk over chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds. Whisk until all chocolate has melted. If too thin, let sit for about 20 minutes to firm up. Spread on top of pie and sprinkle with salt. Let set up in fridge again for another 20 minutes and serve.