- 1/2 cup cashew butter can sub with grass fed butter for non-paleo option
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax seed meal soaked in 6 tbsp water for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
Salted Caramel Filling
- 1 can full fat coconut milk coconut milk solids scooped off the top, dispose of liquid
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Scrape down sides and add egg, vanilla, and salt.
Stop mixing, add rest of ingredients and mix again until a dough has formed. Set aside.
Salted Caramel Directions:
Mix together coconut milk and maple syrup in a small saucepan on medium heat.
In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and 1 tbsp water so there is no lumps.
Pour into saucepan while mixing, you will see the coconut mixture thicken up.
Let cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, mixing every so often.
Once it has thickened and deepened in color, turn off stove and add salt.
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Press half the cookie dough mixture on the bottom of an 8”x 8” pan.
Sprinkle walnuts over the top, then cover with salted caramel filling.
Carefully press last half of cookie dough over that, and bake for 15 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and enjoying!