- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour/starch
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup almond butter (natural works best, without any added sugars or oils)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bar eatingEVOLVED Signature Dark Chocolate (or about 2.5 oz dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Begin by making the flax eggs. Combine the ground flax seed with the water in a glass or small bowl and let sit for at least five minutes to thicken.
- Next melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove and set aside. It needs time to cool while melted so it doesn't solidify when combined with the other ingredients.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, almond butter, flax eggs, and vanilla in another mixing bowl, then add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix together until well combined.
- Roughly chop or break the dark chocolate into chunks, and mix them into the dough.
- Use a small scoop to place 12 cookies on each baking sheet. They will spread, so make sure there is about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes. When the cookies are done, let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to cooling racks to let them cool completely.
If you like softer, chewier cookies, bake for 12-13 minutes. For crispy edges bake for 13-14.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.