Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15-18 mins
Total Time 25-28 mins
Servings: 8 scones
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cleaned and chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pulse the flours, coconut sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor for 10 seconds or until ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Pulse until fully incorporated for around a minute. A dough ball should form.
- Take the dough out of the processor and gently fold in the chopped strawberries and roll back into a ball. Transfer dough to a baking sheet.
- Gently press down to form a circle about ½ ” thick. Place in the freezer for 20-25 minutes. This makes it easier to slice and space the scones on the baking sheet later.
- Take dough out of the freezer. Slice into 8 triangles and add sliced almonds on top of each scone.
- Rearrange the scones so that they have room to bake and brown.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops are just golden.
- Remove scones from oven and let them cool completely on wire racks before serving. Enjoy!