- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp finely ground psyillum husk
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 8 oz water
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp monk fruit powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Mix together flours, husk and xanthan gum in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In medium-high heat saucepan, add water, oil and monk fruit powder. Let come to a low boil.
3. Turn heat down to medium and add flour mixture, whisking quickly until a ball of dough has formed.
4. Transfer to stand mixer and mix on medium speed to cool down the dough.
5. When it’s cool to the touch, add eggs one at a time.
6. Once the eggs are added, mix in the baking powder.
7. Transfer to piping bag and pipe into cavities of donut pan(if you don’t have one, pipe in donut like circles on a parchment lined sheet pan.)
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown.
9. Let cool completely and dip each one into melted Midnight Coconut Chocolate or Unsweetened Roasted Coconut Butter. Decorate with flaked coconut or drizzled chocolate.
Ingredients180 grams cassava flour
1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup cold coffee OR non dairy milk
1 cup water
Mix together first 5 ingredients.
Add rest of ingredients and mix until well combined and a batter forms.
Scoop into donut pans and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until donuts are completely baked through.
Let cool completely and decorate how you'd like! We used melted primal chocolate, toasted coconut and natural sprinkles.